Hi All - Pleased to say that my single 'Lighthouse' was released yesterday (19th) and thanks for all of the nice feedback so far - truely appreciated. You can have a listen here, Lighthouse - New Single , and I look forward to updating you on other things as usual at the end of the month. Have a nice Easter. Alan
DECEMBER AND REFLECTIONS
I thought it would be nice to take stock of this year, seeing as it has come to a close and we start another 'turning of the year'. 2018 saw me start out with a new album Ridgeway in the early stages of marketing, and nothing much else. So, I can happily add the highlights over the course of this year have been...
- a new website (this one!) where I can let you know what's going on and get your feedback,
- releasing two further eps, City Canvas and The Bridge. I've gone for ep's this year as I like to theme a few songs together if I can, but often with a full 12/13 track album, some of the songs often are lost, as promotion activities always seem to focus on one or two songs from an album. Hence ep's for me is the happy medium!
- a big focus on Instagram for me. I quite like the one minute video approach and the spontaneity that can bring as you're writing and recording songs, so take a look at my page at www.instagram.com/alan_garmonsway . Also, I've started to pick the best of those one-minute sessions for the bestroomsongs YouTube page.
- revisiting some of the Ridgeway songs and also earlier songs commemorating the centenary of World War 1 through podcasts, broadcasts and live performances with colleagues from Invisible Folk Club (they have tons of music and information on Facebook and other social media sites), Anne Cunningham (co-artist on Ridgeway) and others,
- writing about a dozen new songs for further development in 2019, and
- spending 3 days in a studio near Durham, UK where an ep of 5 of my favourite self-penned songs are being worked on at this pont in time. I'll be heading up there in March to finalise things, but that is sounding like a really nice collaboration and bringing in new ideas to some of my songs.
So, Happy New Year, may it be very successful for you and thanks to you all for your help, assistance, support and taking the time to have a read or listen. It's much appreciated and I'm setting my plans in place for 2019, so I hope you'll all be part of this.
I had a really busy November! It all started with a week visit to the North East of England to record four of my tracks for the next EP. There's still a way to go but was really pleased to see the old home town and catch up with longstanding friends.
I also performed some of my musical play songs with other friends 300 miles further south in a night called 'Songs From the Front', to commemorate the centenary of the end of World War 1. The photo is from that evening. December looks equally busy - more on that later!